Digital Card


 

Here's to you, my husband, on our seventeenth wedding anniversary.  When I said "I do" all those years ago I had no idea what was in store for the two of us.  I don't think I understood what those two words meant.  All the weight that they hold.  Even now.  Yet here we are, seventeen years later. 
 
Standing at the altar and saying I do means saying yes. 
Yes when you really want to say no.  Shouting yes when a dream is realized.  Yes when it means sacrifice.  Yes when you just want to put your pajamas on and  hide under the covers.  Mumbling yes when you are being lead in a different direction then your own.  Yes to staying  up late and hashing it out.  Yes when you ask to hold my hand.  Yes when adventure is knocking.  Yes to the easy and yes to the in-between.  Yes to trying again.  Yes to forgiveness.  Yes to starting over.  Yes to the unknown.  Yes to trusting.  Yes to dancing.  Yes to bike riding.  Yes to sharing the kitchen.  Yes to laughing.  Yes to crying.  Yes even when...
 
I can't paint a Monet of the relationship that is our marriage, not even with words will I be able to do this justice.  No poet here.  Know that when I say "I love you", it means yes all over again, every single day. 
 


Comments

Popular Posts